Thanks for dropping in, this collection is called Dolly Tots.

I created these characters whilst sitting watching the TV, I wanted cute child like images that would be large on paper but eventually made into small stamped images. Almost like the film Bugsy Malone where the characters were grown up but played by children.




 The above drawings are quick sketches to get a kind of image I was looking for, I wanted to make the faces cute and doll like so concentrated on the eyes and making the face round.




Once I had the images how I wanted them I created the line art from the drawings which would be used to make the stamps.



I scanned the images then printed them onto mixed media card and used alcohol markers to colour in the characters so these could be used for the cover art for the stamps.



 

Created worker images to go with the main characters.



 

Also a couple of frames, you can see the coloured frames are the original size and the black and white below are the actual size the stamps are made too.




 

The images I drew are the large ones on A4 and the actual stamped images are the A6. They are a great size for journaling.





 

The above are samples made with the stamps for the shows on The Craft Store (Hochanda)


The stamps are available on Dolly Dimples web site - http://www.dollydimplescrafts.co.uk 
Also available on The Craft Store (previously known as Hochanda)

Comments

  1. I love the Dolly Tots. So much fun to play with and make projects with. It's nice to see the process from start to finish. I have these stamps and use them all the time. Fab. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great to know so pleased you managed to get them x

      Delete
  2. They are fab! I've loved seeing how you created them thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Butterflies

Halloween Girl