So it's Wednesday 7th April 2021 and I'm actually doing my next Blog Yea me..


One of the ranges I designed for Dolly Dimples was Under The Sea, Charmain did have a previous range called Under the Sea with art work by another artist. I was asked to add further characters to this range.


Once I started I basically couldn't stop, the character's kept coming which eventually created an extremely large collection. 


The above is the line art I drew on A4 copier paper, the original sketches are in a journal book that I can't seem to find at the moment, quite frustrating but I'm sure when I'm not looking for it, it will appear. The line art will be used to create the stamps.



Once I have the line art finished I then scan it onto my computer and print onto mixed media card. Once printed I then set about colouring it in, this will then become the art work for the cover of the stamp sets.
  


The two stamp sets above are A4 so you can see from my drawings on A4 paper to the actual size of the stamps they are completely different. Drawing large images help with detail when making the stamps smaller for commercial use.



The size of the stamps above range from A4 to A5 sets. 
Below are samples I made with the stamps 

 





 The stamps are available on Dolly Dimples web site - http://www.dollydimplescrafts.co.uk 
Also available on The Craft Store (previously known as Hochanda)

Comments

  1. Awesome collection. Had such a fun time making projects with the stamps. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Butterflies

Halloween Girl